We’ve had a number of calls recently asking us what is the best boiler for hydronic heating.
There are a number of considerations before choosing the type of boiler to install.
To work out the best heat source the following points are worth taking into account:
- The most important is the type of service to your dwelling or available resources eg. wood to run the boiler
- In the case of a wood fired boiler how much time do you have to manage the boiler?
- Are you the type of person that just wants to flick a switch to turn the heating on?
- Radiators vs Under floor heating (UFH). (UFH) uses low temperatures and therefore costs less to run
All of these will factor into choosing the best value hydronic heating boiler taking into consideration the running costs and the cost of the heat source.
There are different types of hydronic boilers that can be used for example:
- Condensing boilers with either natural or LPG, dedicated hydronic heat pumps or wood fired boilers. Solar (AKA solarhydronics) can be used in conjunction with other boosters such as wood boilers or gas boilers.
- Hydronic heating is an excellent form of central heating if done correctly and will provide many years of service. It’s no coincidence that North America and Europe with long cold winters are the largest markets for hydronic heating and it’s simply because it’s the most effective and efficient form of central heating.
Choosing an inexperienced installer/designer or selecting the wrong source of heating for your hydronic heating whether it be underfloor or radiators can be an incredibly costly venture. Don’t chance this, call Joe Walkerden.